1 January 2017

Post-grunge: The Pretty Reckless


If you've ever seen the movie 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' you probably remember the cute little girl with the blond hair. Well that cute little girl, Taylor Momsen, is all grown up now and has become the lead singer of post-grunge band The Pretty Reckless.
The first song I ever heard of the band was Make Me Wanna Die which played during the end credits of the 2010 movie 'Kick-Ass' (which by the way is a very entertaining comedic/action movie). Even though I really liked the song it didn't hook me in immediately. I felt that other songs from the band's debut album, like Miss Nothing and Just Tonight, while still nice felt a bit too generic as well. Several years later, in 2014, however the band released their second album from which the title song Going To Hell clearly is an example of their newer, harder sound. I do however also like the slightly more poppy Messed Up World which has a really nice breakdown at 2.15 minutes in. Last October The Pretty Reckless released their latest album called Who You Selling For with the fast-paced Oh My God and the more classic hard rock sounding Take Me Down. Because of the broader sound now, almost six years after first hearing the band, I can finally say I'm a fan.



Other favourites: My Medicine, Kill Me and Heaven Knows

Check out more videos on the The Pretty Reckless VEVO YouTube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment